The ProGov21 Team is excited to announce that the Los Angeles Alliance for a New Economy’s (LAANE) research and policies have been added to the database.
LAANE’s work provides a substantial case study of when research reports impact and result in actual city policies. Below are examples of LAANE reports and the final laws resulting from this advocacy.
The materials include LAANE’s path breaking work on community benefits agreements and local living wage laws.
Community Benefits Agreements:
- Community Benefits Agreements: Making Development Projects Accountable
- Community Benefits Program for the LA Sports and Entertainment District 2001
- Community Benefits Agreement: LAX Master Plan Program 2004
Living Wage Laws:
- Examining the Evidence: the Impact of the Los Angeles Living Wage Ordinance on Workers and Businesses 2005
- Los Angeles Minimum Wage Ordinance 2015
Additionally, the materials include LAANE’s prudent green jobs initiatives such as:
- The Road to Shared Prosperity: the Regional Economic Benefits of the San Pedro Bay Ports’ Clean Trucks Program
- Port of Los Angeles Clean Truck Program
Transportation Construction Jobs:
- Moving LA Forward: Promoting Construction Careers at Metro
- Los Angeles Metropolitan Transit Authority Construction Careers Policy
Clean Energy Jobs:
- Clean Power, Good Jobs Realizing the Promise of Energy Efficiency in Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Solar Rooftops Resolution
LAANE has also created with their partners a strategic report on the hidden power of cities and how to fight state pre-emption.
Explore all of LAANE’s outstanding materials in our database.